[AT] NW IHC Show Dates & New Name: Great Western Binder Bee

chesnimnus at juno.com chesnimnus at juno.com
Thu Apr 14 13:16:30 PDT 2005

Those of you that attended the 2004 NW Binder RoundUp at the Western Antique Powerland in Brooks, Oregon will be pleased to know that there will another show this year at the same location.  The name has been changed, and it is now called the Great Western Binder Bee.  The name was selected to reflect its position as a western regional show for the left half of the country.  Those of you with a tendency toward old McCormick and other old ag machines will appreciate the name.  For those of you that did not come last year, we had somewhere shy of 400 entrants, with around 180 trucks, and the remainder being tractors, industrial machines, reefers, engines, and even a humidifier.  From what I have heard, this is larger than all but the Red Power RoundUp.

This year we will be holding it again at the Western Antique Powerland in Brooks, Oregon on July 8, 9, and 10.  Like last year, this will be open to anything and everything made by IHC and is related companies built between 1831 and 2005.  This year, there will also most likely be draft animals pulling old implements by McCormick, Plano, and others.  We found a club that is into draft animals, and their tools of  trade are almost exclusively IHC.  Barring any conflict of date with another show that they are already committed to, they will be there working the animals.  We also simplified the registration fees, and trimmed down the number of judging categories.  Last year was too confusing.  Truck judging will be done by a select committee from IHSTO, and I believe the tractors will be judged by a group from IHCC.  Like last year, there will be camping and hookups onsite, and lodging within 10 minutes of the grounds.

If anyone wants to learn more about the Great Western Binder Bee, the point man on this is John Donnelly.  He is not the president of our club this year (International Scouts and Trucks of Oregon), but he is the chairman for the show.  If you want to get the registration packet mailed to you, please contact me, or contact John at <dslscout at oregonsbest.com>.  The local IH vendors know about this show too.  If you call Binder Books, you can ask them about the show too.  If you are ordering anything from them, be sure to ask them to include a flyer about the show.  Ultimately, you will have to get the registration from John.  Judging by our feedback, this year's show will be larger than last year.  We hope to see you there!
-Colin Rush