[AT] Gas Prices

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Apr 14 04:02:33 PDT 2005

If history from 1974 is any guide, you will begin to see a LOT more
diesel cars, as long as the price of gasoline stays up. And I suspect
that the price of diesel will start to fall also, as the refiners see a
change in demand. The Good News is that, in the 30 years since the last
"crisis", there have been significant advances in diesel engines for
automobiles - less noise, less smoke, less smell, more power, etc. I
think this time they are here to stay. (I can recall those poor little
VW Rabbits that could barely make it up a hill and those awful GM V-8s
that were converted from gas engines?) Remember that, while US buyers
were committed to gasoline for the last 20 years, all over the rest of
the world, diesels had at least half of the market. So it won't take
much for the manufacturers to bring out diesel versions of current
models very quickly.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an
injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are
aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily; and why older
persons, especially if vain or important, cannot learn at all. -Thomas
Szasz, author, professor of psychiatry (1920- )