[AT] OT: I lost my best friend today

Gerald Johnson geraldajohnson at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 13 18:24:59 PDT 2005

Not spam at all.  I am very sorry to hear about your loss.  I lost my dad in
1991 and I still miss him.  I guess all of us that have lost a parent wish
we had said and done more, but somehow I think they know.  A friend told me
when my dad died that the day would come when the sorrow I was feeling
immediately after his death would one day be replaced with all the good
memories that came from knowing him.  At that time I could not see how such
a change could take place...but it has.  I guess what I miss most is asking
his advice.   I didn't always heed his advice, but just asking him always
made me feel better in making the decisions I had to make.  I imagine you
are much the same.

I trust that your memory will soon be filled with all the good thoughts of
your dad also.

Gerald
Western, NC