[AT] Mixing High Octane gasoline and Diesel fuel

DieselBob at aol.com DieselBob at aol.com
Wed Apr 13 15:33:37 PDT 2005

Dean's reference has it right per my background.  The only things I  can add
is I can't remember octane having much to do about actually changing  flame
speed, but higher octane fuels resist "auto-ignition" or detonation and  allow
the flame to consume the fuel mixture before it detonates.

Diesel's generally run smother on high cetane fuel as it "auto-ignites"
faster before a lot of fuel is injected and mixed.  They start better and  have
less noise or diesel rap.

Bob