[AT] Land slides (plow parts) - more info

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Wed Apr 13 10:24:29 PDT 2005

Joe:

The model JD plow that was made specifically to be used behind a Fordson
tractor was the model 40. I don't have an operators manual or a parts
catalog for that specific plow so if that is the plow you have I won't be
able to look up any information on the bottoms. Knowing what the beam number
is that is stamped into the forged beam would help identify which plow you
have. Then if someone has an OM or PC for that particular plow these may
lead us to a Landslide number. Or I suspect if you take one of the
landslides off you will be able to find a Casting/Part number on the back
side.  Then, once we know what you need then maybe we can find a source for
parts. W/o further information I'm stuck.

Joe:

That may be the plow that JD made specifically to be used behind Ford
tractors. I want to say the first model JD 45?? plow was made for use behind
the Ford tractors. I better look it up. If we get lucky the plow parts
catalog will call out the bottoms used on that specific plow. On later
plows, the plow Parts Catalogs don't describe the bottoms. Then one has to
try to figure out what bottoms are on the plow you own to try to match up
parts using a Plow Bottom Parts Catalog. I think the part number will be
cast (embossed) or stamped on the back side of the land slide on your
existing plow.

I'll do a little research to see if I can find out what the plow model may
be and see if I can determine what bottoms were used with it. A few digital
pictures of your specific plow would be a big help.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com