[AT] White Gas

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Wed Apr 13 09:49:29 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 08:06, Ray Trimble wrote:
> In the late 50's I remember that some service
> stations had White gas. Does anyone know what
> this gas was and what was it used for?
> Was this a local thing, nort Louisiana, East
> Texas?
>
> Ray

Isn't that still available as "Coleman" fuel for stoves and lanterns?

I used it in my car in an emergency once and while it ran, let me tell
you that Camaro 350 engine didn't like it! I ran outta gas on the
freeway and had to go about a mile to a gas station. It worked but
pinged a LOT. Careful use of the go-pedal kept it to a minimum and I
tanked up with good fuel ASAP. I wouldn't try it with the new fuel
injected cars but it worked on that Rochester fuel leak just fine.

Ken