[AT] Grand Rapids Michigan members?

Richard Walker richardwalker at pobox.com
Wed Apr 13 07:35:57 PDT 2005

>Hi.  I know that I have not been very active on the list for a few years but
>was wondering if there are any long-time ATIS members in the Grand Rapids
>area that recall the box for Spencer.

Good to see you back on the list, Paul.

There were three, possibly four, boxes that year (1995?) from various areas
of the country.  The western box was a rusty old Caterpillar toolbox I
dredged out of my scrap pile.  This box first made it to the Tulare show,
then later I took it up to the Brooks, Oregon show and handed it off to a
guy named Ray.  From there I believe it made the rounds of OR and WA shows,
with ATIS members adding photos and mementoes at every stop, then
ultimately Ron Chew hauled it across country to Portland to be presented to
Spencer along with the other boxes.

Somewhere I have photos of the boxes being presented to Spencer at
Portland, but finding them would necessitate a major archaeological dig . . .

Richard