[AT] OT; Gasoline prices + on topic socket question

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Tue Apr 12 23:15:23 PDT 2005

Landen and all, I was the one asking about 7/8"four or eight point sockets.
I have larger and smaller four point sockets (3/4", 1", 1-1/4") but not the
7/8". So far the information from the list has led to my determining that
Larry Goss and Dave Rotigel are really kind and would loan the socket I need
and that Snap-on appears to sell the only currently made new 7/8" 8 point
socket. I am very hesitant to borrow the socket though as I fear I might
break it given the force I am using to turn these plugs. And the Snap-on
price is far more than I can currently justify.... Also, I have learned that
there are not any of them on EBay for sale either.
    As a result I am still stuck. I will continue to look and try to find
one to buy at a farmer type price - in other words economical! I have
succeeded in breaking several more of the plugs in the meantime, but hope
that I will find a socket for more permanent use. If I were to dream of the
ideal socket - it might even be 3/4" drive! After all I have been using the
3/4" breaker bar on some of the other fittings I am removing.
    Thanks to all and I hope someone may point me to an economical used one.
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California