[AT] Gas Prices

Troy Bogdan tbogdan1 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 12 04:10:49 PDT 2005

Since others chimed in about gas prices, I guess I will join in.
I don't consider it to be off topic, because it does affect our tractors in
a very major way.  I usually try to run 93 octane in my tractors, since they
were originally probably receiving a much higher octane when they were new,
but with these high prices, I have only been using the regular 83 octane.

Regular gas prices along the I-79 corridor in Western PA are averaging about
$2.19, but once you get off the interstate and towns the rural areas are
charging $2.23, 2.25. 2.29 or higher.

I don't know how I can afford to keep farming at those prices, I might be
better off with a team of horses!!

Troy Bogdan