[AT] OT; Gasoline prices + on topic socket question

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Apr 11 23:08:18 PDT 2005

Just returned from an 11 day trip to Oregon and back. Lowest price for
Diesel was $2.53 at Safeway in Oregon, no less, with the Safeway Club Card
$0.03 discount. Typical was $2.69 to $2.79. Had a credit card purchase limit
out at $75.00 and didn't completely fill the tank. Disgusting! But mileage
pulling a 20' trailer empty was 16 plus MPG so I'm not complaining all that
much.

Somehow a bunch of parts (over 1000 lbs) jumped into the truck bed and a
6,000 lb tractor jumped on the trailer on the return trip. 20 mph headwinds
and in a heavy downpour. Rain, snow, sleet, hail and anything else one can
imagine. Won't talk about the mileage on the loaded return trip!  :-)
Tractor is a lot cleaner now. Probably cleaner inside too.  :-) Wonder how
many gallons of water I picked up in the transmission and rear end?

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com