[AJD] GP Skid Rings

Luke Tonneberger jdgp1930 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 03:52:42 PDT 2005

Hi Everybody,

I used my GP to work up or garden over the weekend. It
is on full steel and the front wheels don't have any
skid rings on them. I would like some on there because
when turning it slides across the freshly turned soil
and doesn't 'dig' in. Is it possible to make some? I
thought about taking a piece of angle iron and heating
it with the torch and bending it. Also thought about
rolling a piece of flat steel round to bolt to the
wheel. Then cutting the part that sticks up out of a
large piece of steel then welding it together. Looking
for ideas on how to make a set or are there any places
I could buy some?

http://www.oldengine.org/members/luket/gp/jdgp-8.jpg

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan