[Steam-engine] Tod Engine Progress Report April 10

Tod Engine todengine at zoominternet.net
Sun Apr 10 18:41:42 PDT 2005

Since spring has sprung we've put it in high gear to get work done on the Tod Engine project.  Over the weekend we finished up on the placement of the concrete forms for the HP side pad, and set up approx. half of the rebar.  Friday, April 22 is the tentative date for pouring the 18 yards of concrete to finish the engine pad.

After the pad is completed we have some additional filling in to do to the north of the pad to support the cranes when the HP bedplate is moved in.  When thats done then its time to move the remainder of the engine parts to the site and start serious work on reassembling the Tod!

Pics of the weekend work session are on the webshots page at http://community.webshots.com/album/312704866erzqCX/0

Rick Rowlands
Executive Director
Tod Engine Heritage Park
William Tod 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Steam Engine
Youngstown, OH
http://www.todengine.org/
Photo Albums Online: http://community.webshots.com/user/todengine