[AT] OT - GM 8.2L Diesel

Michael P. Maynard mmaynard at rochester.rr.com
Sun Apr 10 15:56:26 PDT 2005

The biggest problem with the 6.2 liter engine was people would overheat it.
That causes a lot of trouble with them.  The tranny problem you had might
have been because (I am guessing here) it was a half tone, which would most
likely have been an overdrive (700R4) with 3.08 gears.  VERY bad setup.
Would overheat the tranny in a heartbeat if it was towing something and that
would toast em fast.

I have an 86 Military Blazer with the 6.2 in it, and I love it.  If properly
cared for, they are a wonderful engine.

Mike