[AT] OT - GM 8.2L Diesel

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Sun Apr 10 14:03:39 PDT 2005

most people that would know anything would   think a   6.2L in a  7000 series
 would not be a wise idea in the first place  --- its not big enough
horsepower for a big truck.

I  had an 82-- 6.2L  ( yes one of the first )  I was not the  first ower--
and not the last

it has well over 250,000 miles   NO  head problems   at  ALL!   it was in a
4wheel drive  that we used to   pull trailers   around  with show tractors  and
 wagons  and such.
we took out 7 transmissions  ( the original owner had not used it  hard)
so  I would have to say I dont have any problems with  the 6.2L

I also drove one  in  a   Postal van for the us postal  service  in a
40series van it lacked power if it was loaded but   the service records were clear
on it as well.