[AT] Toro tractors

D8RMAN at aol.com D8RMAN at aol.com
Sun Apr 10 13:35:21 PDT 2005

Farmer, That is a very interesting and informative web site. I see a Ford
model T with a Sears & Roebuck tractor conversation kit mounted on it every
year at the Brooks, OR. tractor show in July that looks similar to the Toro on
that site with steel wheels on it. I wonder how many companies made such a kit?
 Willard Smith, Tacoma, WA.

I  got an invitation today to drop by the local junk yard to ID a couple of
tractors they
were going to be bringing in. They had some pictures printed  out and thought
I might be
able to help them. They had been looking on the  web without success. I
knew what they were right away but I am not  familiar with them enough to
give years or
models etc. What they are  getting is two Toro golf course tractors with
either Ford A
engines or  maybe Ford 9N engines. The pictures didn't really show enough to
tell for
sure. While they are rusty and a little rough they seem to be complete.  One
has a small
dump bed. One of them they said has springs on the rear  axle and the other
does not. The
top front of the hoods where it is  compound curves is cast iron. One looks
just like the
one at the link  below (but no where near that nice).   :-)     It  even has
those same
front wheels. They are getting kind of rare these  days, wish I could afford
to buy this
pair. Scroll down to the third  picture:

http://users.crocker.com/~jricci/tgtregistry.html

--
"farmer", Esquire
At Hewick Midwest

Paternal Robinson's here by way of  Norway (Clan Gunn), Scottish Highlands,
Cleasby Yorkshire England,  Virginia, Kentucky then Indiana. Here 100 years
before the  revolution.

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana  USA
robinson at svs.net