[AT] Re: The Super-C must go (or does it?) Saginaw vs. Worksaver

Paul Bazzetta bazzetta at execpc.com
Sun Apr 10 07:56:28 PDT 2005

Re: The Super-C must go

Message: 1

Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 05:40:49 -0500

From: Terry Welch <ksw001 at pensys.com>

So Paul, did Geoff ever get his Red Power subscription?

PB> I'll check.  I've slept since we last talked about it so I don't
remember

------------------------------

Message: 2

Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 07:23:52 -0400

From: Dean Vinson <vinsond at voyager.net>

Paul, I remember the photos and would trust those tractors to operate

like new for decades.  I'm prevented from bidding by my usual

combination of no money and no practical need for a tractor, but

somebody is going to get a mighty good machine.

PB> I took them both out for spin yesterday after I washed and dried them.
What a mistake!  I fell in love with both again.  Now that we have a paved
road, I got a chance to really have fun in road gear.  Dean's comments got
me thinking about the life of these tractors.  I could leave them retired
and just look at them and use them a few times a year for parades and hay
rides OR (here's the dangerous part) I could put the Super-C back to work.
Like Dean said... they are like factory new and should operate for years to
come.  I know that using the Super-C dooms it to getting scratched up, dirty
and (unavoidably) dented.  But where am I going to get this kind of new
horsepower again for this little cash? (I'm scaring myself)

I could add a 3-point and an overrunning clutch and use it again.  The only
down sides are no live PTO and a narrow front.  (I'd better stop)

------------------------------

Message: 3

Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:32:35 -0500

From: "Jim Becker" <jim.becker at verizon.net>

JIM> If it were a Super M, Dean would have figured out a way to be all over
it!

Dean> Guess you've got my number, Jim!  I'm still kicking myself for passing

on a beautiful original Super M that was on eBay several months back.

Seems to me that one was up in Wisconsin too... probably a sign that I

should go grab Paul's Super C before it gets away.

PB> Dean,  The area between Madison and Wisconsin Dells along Highway 12 is
Gods' country when I comes to seeing M's at work.  On a dry summer day a few
year's ago I decided to get off the interstate and take that "back way" to
the Dells.  I must have seen 20 M's along the way.  Everybody that was
haying that day had an M or H out raking or wagon pulling.  What a day!

All,

Has anyone every installed or used a Worksaver or Saginaw hitch conversion
on a Super-C?  The Saginaw guy says the Worksaver's are junk and that the
side rods hit the pedals. http://www.worksaver.com/product/hk102.html

The Saginaw hitch requires that I tap in into the hydraulics by adding a
"block" and remote valve for the hitch cylinder.  I would have to get hoses
made up too. http://www.farmall-h.com/images/Chris_MXPILOT_0099.jpg

Any experience with this?

-Paul