[AJD] Backfire

Michael Ostrander antiquejd at fwi.com
Sat Apr 9 05:45:38 PDT 2005

Gary-
D's are AWESOME!, if I had to use a 1 word description.  When I redid my 36
D many years ago, we took it out next to a 100+ y.o. oak tree with nearly a
36" diameter.  I threw a log chain around it, attached it to the drawbar of
the D, tightened the chain, put it in low gear and pushed the clutch in.  We
just left it there for a while to dig some holes.  It was a nice break-in.
When the D finally got enough traction and the roots gave out on the
oak....;-).  hahahahaha, there is no other sound like that of D!  I still
like running mine on kerosene and watching the smoke rings as she pops them
off.

Belting your tractor to start it is no big deal.  Just make sure that you
are running the tractor you want to start in the correct direction by
flipping you belt 180 degrees.  The only other option is to start it with an
H since the engineer screwed up the direction of the belt pulley on that
tractor.  I have a joke for you, How many GP's does it take to start a D?
LOL, I better answer this one offline so my dad doesnt see it!!!