[AT] OT - GM 8.2L Diesel

James Yost jnyost at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 04:02:31 PDT 2005

Phil,

Are you talking about the 4 cycle Detroit? I believe
you are. I have one of these in one of my grain trucks
and it is an excellant engine. One thing you do need
to do is have the rack gone through by a diesel engine
shop unless you have all the equipment every so many
1000 miles. Can not remember right now how often. It
basically is nothing but a tune up. I have not had any
problems with heads or gaskets in mine.

Good luck, Jim

--- "Phil M. Vorwerk" <pvorwerk at newulmtel.net> wrote:

> Does anybody have information/experience with GM's
> 8.2 Liter Diesel?  We are
> considering buying a 1984 GMC 7000 Bucket truck with
> the 8.2 and an
> automatic.  I've done some looking on the internet
> and it seems that there
> is a wide diversity of opinion on this engine.  I
> tend to trust the
> experience of everyone here more so than other
> sources, so I'm putting this
> out to the list.
>
> Thanks -
> Phil V