[AJD] Cold manifold for D, rant, 730D fuel filters

Louis R Godena louisgodena at ids.net
Wed Apr 6 10:58:04 PDT 2005

Steve;

Wow, some horror story.  Why didn't you have Jim K or his brother do it?

The same thing happened to me with Simplex in Providence, Rhode Island.
They quoted me I think $325 but I ended up paying close to $600 with all the
"well, we had to take this off" and "there was an extra charge to do that"
and "well, we really couldn't use the ___ that was on there" and so on.
The difference is they did ONE HELL OF A JOB on my engine and last spring
when I dropped those two bottoms into gumbo and heard that rebored block
with the cast .45 overs pick up, it was well worth it.

Louis Godena