[Farmall] 340U lift problem "fixed" - what should I do next?

br549 at hemc.net br549 at hemc.net
Wed Apr 6 05:01:09 PDT 2005

I have a IT brand 340 service manual as well as the reprint of the 340
owners manual. Using them, I checked the transmission oil level.
When I removed the oil level plug, no fluid came out. Even after
adding TWO gallons of trans / hyd oil none had reached the "full" plug.
My lift does work correctly now but from the excellent responses I got
here, I am concerned about the filter and possibility of a leak in the
system.

Do you recommend replacing the filter and topping off then watching
the fluid level? Should I drain all fluid and replace? Is there any other
recommended or protective / preventive maintenance that should be
done on the system?

Thanks for all the help,