[AT] Semi OT - Trailer question

Gunnells, Bradley R brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Tue Apr 5 10:37:54 PDT 2005

If there is a direct short it should blow a fuse. So I'd say a frayed
wire touching the body would blow a fuse.

A so/so ground may still allow the lights to work. IF the lights were
grounding back through the brakes I would assume they could engage?

First thing I'd do, check all the connector pins on the truck with a
test light, including the ground. If they all power correctly another
possibility is in the plug of the trailer. I've had the small screws
work loose and short against the outer case. It's possible that could
short the light circuit with the brakes.

Just a few ideas to kick around.

Brad