[AT] Cletrac crawler rarity

Dave Merchant nesys_com at ameritech.net
Mon Apr 4 13:47:56 PDT 2005

Sounds like a WW_II bomber nurse, 7 Ton High Speed Tractor M2.

Originally, it would have had a 3 KW generator for charging bomber batteries,
a 16.7 cfm air compressor, and a large 10,000 lb cap winch.
Top speed 20+ mph. Hercules WXLC3 6 cyl

They are very collectible, especially MV guys, but weakness is the rubber
band track,
which has steel cables embedded in it.
If the rubber cracks, and water gets at the cable...!

A local guy has one, was used postwar by a rigger company for installing
large factory machines. The track on his is cracked, just waiting for the
cable to break.

Dave Merchant