[AT] Cletrac crawler rarity

JParks jkparks at flash.net
Mon Apr 4 13:36:19 PDT 2005

Rich

That sure looks like the machine I looked at!  The bogie springs must be
collapsed on the one I looked at however, as the Cletrac I looked at does
not ride as high as the one shown in the museum picture you referenced.

There is no compressor or winch on the unit that I saw but there was a place
for their mountings.

I think you nailed the model, or at least a first cousin to the M2 as best I
can tell.  Do you have any idea as to its value? scarcity?  I won't get into
the way if anyone wants to talk to the owner and do their own negotiating.
I told him I would put it on the web with his contact information.

If anyone would like to see a picture of one "in-the-wild" let me know and I
will forward it to you.  It will be a day/so before I get it onto the web.

john Parks
Boise, ID