Rain and Ford overhaul (was Re: [AT] test

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Apr 2 10:42:12 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Indiana Robinson <robinson at svs.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: Rain and Ford overhaul (was Re: [AT] test

. I seem to recall that the latter brought the HP up
> to well over 30 HP... I'm thinking about 34 to 36. That would have been a
peppy N.    :-)
>    Could have been tough on the drive train though...
> "farmer

Probably not as tough as the flathead V8 would have been. I know, we have
discussed this in previous years but I could'nt resist bringing the subject
up again.
Looks pretty spring-like here in Sask. lately. I spent a lot of time pushing
snow off the yard and driveway and its drying up nicely in sunshine, wind
and +40 degree temps.
Spent some old tractor time with the Cockshutt 50 yesterday trying to put
some damp straw and hay bales through the hammer mill. Not a good plan, I
think the cows could process them faster than the hammer mill did. The damp
straw plugged the screen, caused the belt to run off the pulley and
generally refused to co-operate. I did get a few days worth feed done which
is probably enough considering how that chopped damp straw could start to
heat in the bin now.
The old 50 ran well although the engine oil level seems to go down each time
I use it and I 'm not sure if its burning it or the front crankshaft seal is
leaking most of it out. Might be time for a "speedy sleeve" kit for this
front pulley.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/