Rain and Ford overhaul (was Re: [AT] test

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Sat Apr 2 07:55:18 PST 2005

Mike, I actually think your "I can't believe" case may be partly right based
on both your description and some of the the things I have seen over the
years. What may have happened is that the owner at the time saw that the
engine had the need for crankshaft work and the block had previously had new
sleeves put in. So he did not have the sleeves done by the mechanic because
"they had already been done!" Doesn't that sound likely?
    I remember a lot of the old farmers around here who were convinced that
if the truck ran it was in perfect shape and it must have been the driver
who borrowed it yesterday who made it run three quarts of oil low and
"ruined" the engine.... Same theory.
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California