[AJD] metal coating

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri Apr 1 20:31:31 PST 2005

Actually it doesn't need oil. What they mean is that it can go through
the gun oil and still blue the part. That is different from other bluing
agents because most require the part to be VERY clean and oil free to
blue them. I do both cold and hot bluing here. The hot bluing would hold
up better over time but it requires the tanks and space to do. Oxpho is
a LOT easier to use. Pick up the part. blow the dust off, wipe it with a
rag. Wipe on the Oxpho and watch the part turn blue... Oil/light rust
are no problem. Probably I would use the bluing and then a light coat of
carnauba wax on exposed areas. Buff it out and dust and dirt will not
stick and it will almost act like a dry lube.

Steve Williams