[AT] No news these days - long

Len Rugen lrugen at c-magic.com
Sun Sep 26 09:24:33 PDT 2004

You might consider something like Yahoo's free email system instead of your
ISP.  Their delivery seems to be pretty fast.  I don't own any Yahoo stock
etiher.  HOTmail seems to draw spam worse than Yahoo, at least porn based
spam for some reason.  I pay extra to be able to access other POP mailboxes
via Yahoo, that lets me read all my mail from any PC with only web access.

It is often faster to POP my mail from my local ISP to Yahoo instead of
POPing it down to my local PC.  The transfer over their high (HaHa) speed
uplink is faster than dialup, then all I have to do is look at the subject
line instead of the entire message.

> 	I think quite a few of us have known for a long time that some of
> the ISPs are holding email until they are ready to send it. I
> have a feeling
> that quite a few of them give priority to personal one on one
> email and hold
> up Mailing List mail.

---