[AT] Old test for a bad valve?

Warren F. Smith WarrenSmith at PalmettoBuilders.net
Wed Sep 1 08:26:33 PDT 2004

There are many with more experience, but I've held a flap of paper over the
exhaust and it should "pop" out in time with the engine. If you have a leaky
exhaust valve it will "suck" to the pipe when that particular valve should
be closing. So, it can indicate a valve problem, but not necessarily which
valve.

ymmv,
Warren

---
Hey, we check all the outgoing mail and certify it Virus Free.