[Farmall] Now it's me that's dreaming

Dean Vinson vinsond at voyager.net
Thu Sep 30 14:50:29 PDT 2004

> <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3841826368>

Well, I let this Super M go by, despite mighty internal temptation and
generous encouragement from members of the list.  I haven't been so
close to buying a tractor since I actually bought the ones I used to
have (including another Super M, which I should have hung on to in the
first place).  I have every intention of being back on a little farm
someday, and this was as nice an example of an original Super M as I've
seen in a long time.  But I'll be changing employment in the
not-too-distant future, and am not sure how that'll work out, and so in
the end I just couldn't see clear to spend this much on a personal toy.

I'm surprised it didn't draw a single bid, though.  Live hydraulics,
belt pulley, sheet metal not all cut up, battery box not rusted out,
decent rubber, not ruined by a sloppy shiny paint job, etc. Seemed
reasonably enough priced, not a giveaway but not a ripoff either at
$1900. Guess that's steep enough for a starting bid to keep everyone but
the diehard Super M nuts like me away.  Maybe the current owner will
keep it in his shed until I'm ready to buy...

Dean Vinson  --  Dayton Ohio
<http://my.voyager.net/~vinsond/>