[AT] 38 B

David A. Laughead Jr. daljr at bright.net
Thu Sep 30 09:35:32 PDT 2004

Yep that shows up as a B in my book.

Nothing wrong with it, but sounds like the 38 tranny has been swapped in (or
entire back end) to replace a bad tranny. I say this because the 38 rims
didn't bolt on with 5 lugs so couldn't have been replaced with the chevy
rims, after they went to the pressed steel wheels in later 39, they began
useing the 5 bolt pattern.

Of course on any of our old tractors any number of parts could have been
swapped in and out to get them running again or to make it easier for the
operator or making one tractor from two.

Dave Laughead