[Farmall] Cub

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Sep 29 03:37:27 PDT 2004

Congratulations, Bob, on your purchase.

It is my understanding that the attaching hardware for the Lo-Boy is
somewhat different than for the regular Cub, so you have to make sure
that you get the right set-up. Blades seem to go on sale frequently this
time of year, so it is mainly a matter of keeping a lookout at the
places mentioned by others. You didn't mention what part of the country
you live in, but if you are in the north atlantic area, the Lancaster
(PA) Farming newspaper is a good place to start. I noticed at least two
Cub blades in the most recent paper copy (unfortunately, the electronic
version never made it last week). <www.lancasterfarming.com>.
Try some "google" searches too.

Based on my experience with using a Cub and blade for clearing snow off
of my 2 mile dirt lane, you should also be thinking about a set of
chains for the rear tires and either wheel weights or some kind of heavy
implement hung off the Fast Hitch. You will also have to remove the
mower to install the blade, but the mower would just be in the way when
snow clearing anyway.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and the government
when it deserves it. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)