[AT] OT weather station update

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Sep 28 17:27:49 PDT 2004

Thanks for the info you guys offered for the USB to RS232 adapter I needed for my weather station.   I found one on an Ebay site for $4.99 but of course the shipping and insurance brought the price up to $16.xx   That was still a good deal and it came promptly.

The adapter worked well.  Win XP picked it right up, found the drivers on the supplied CD and as soon as I told the computer to look on Com 4 (trial and error) it all went to work.

http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-2146093350217/wslacrwiwest4.html

The weather station works nicely and not only provides data but stores it for download or print out.  It should work well for things like weather condition records on a construction site, etc.  It has adjustable  high and low alarm settings for temp, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, barometric pressure, rain totals and rain fall rates.  That could come in handy for farming operations or to keep a sudden cold snap from busting your tractor engine.

Pretty slick rig for the money.

Charlie