[Steam-engine] Firing with coal.

Kiwp Blackburn kblackburn at cummingantiquepower.com
Tue Sep 28 17:07:46 PDT 2004

I am sure this question has been answered many times, but I am going to ask it again.  Down here in the south we all fire with wood.  For our show, the 2nd weekend in November, a friend of mine is going to bring in a load of coal and use it to fire his Case 110.  I would also like to use it to fire our 80 Case and our 20 Case.  Could someone give me the proper procedure to fire with coal?  I have never done it and don't want to screw anything up and get the best preformance our of our engines.

Thanks for any help,

Kiwp Blackburn
1902 20hp Case, 1912 80hp Case