[Steam-engine] Wach's engine and boiler..revisited

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Tue Sep 28 09:00:06 PDT 2004

  Howdy again all;
  Well we went and picked up the engine yesterday.  Got it home and of
course, we had to  tear into it.  The broken belt pulley gib came right out
and the pulley gave us absolutely no problem either.....that's a first!!

  For those of you who want to see the original pictures, click on this:

http://community.webshots.com/album/188300547wpVzDE

  For yesterday's pictures click on the below and also go to page 3.  You'll
see the slide(?) valve arrangement and some more innards.  It was stuck but
not the piston.  It was what I'm going to call the crosshead slides.  A
little tap with the brass punch and she was free.  It's even got some grease
on top of the piston.  PO or someone preserved this baby.

  Hope you enjoy and 2 questions please;

1.  What is the valve design/arrangement called on this engine?

2.  What is the best way to remove the piston?

TIA  here's the link;

http://community.webshots.com/album/188300547wpVzDE/1

Hope you enjoy
Rick in "The Big Sky"