[AT] English tractor (modern)

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Sep 27 20:45:39 PDT 2004

Turning brakes on a four wheel drive? Thats a little unusual. I think most
of the 4WDs here just have a single brake pedal as there is really no need
for wheel brakes to assist turning.
My Case IH with mechanical front wheel assist does have turning brakes but I
rarely find it necessary to use them. The front wheels have a slight
overdrive and will pull the front end of the tractor around just fine
without the use of wheel brakes even when pulling a heavy implement in soft
ground.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/