[AT] A-C tractor input

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Sep 27 06:36:22 PDT 2004

Hi Rob,  I don't know anything about the 7080 from personal experience.
This is all from Norm Swinfords book.

The 7080 maroon belly would be a 74-77 model.  the 78-81 models are black
belly.   The 7080 has a lot in common with all the 7xxx series tractors.
The 7080 rates at 96.3%.   The differences are that the smaller 7xxx have
the 301 engine.  The 7080 and other large versions have the 426.  That is a
good thing!  Also the 7080 did not have a power shift option and from a
reliability standpoint that is a good thing I suspect.  The 7080 has a 1000
rpm PTO.
Other than that it appears that almost all of the 7xxx parts will
interchange.

Hope this helps.

Charlie