[Steam-engine] Casting Filler

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Mon Sep 27 04:20:38 PDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: steam-engine-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:steam-engine-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of Andy
glines
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 11:26 AM
To: andyglines at hotmail.com; Steam
Subject: [Steam-engine] Casting Filler

When I blasted the Huber I opened up several casting
voids that had been filled at the factory.  I need to
fill these again but I'm not sure what to use.  I need
something that will stand up to 300 degrees F.  Any suggestions?

=====
Andy Glines
Evansville, IN

~~~~~~~~~

I've had good luck using JB-Weld for filling voids.  It does well at
temperatures higher than 300.  I've used it on castings that got so hot they
started turning blue and it still remained sound.

Orrin