[AT] A-C tractor input

Rob Wilson rowilson at infinet.com
Sun Sep 26 22:00:23 PDT 2004

Well guys I don't think this falls into the antique
side yet but I'm looking for your input. I'm pushing
on to purchase a farm and as usual getting the cart
before the horse and my Dad always says. I'm looking
at purchasing a 7080 series Allis-Chalmers tractor
and wanted some input from those of you that have
experience with this series of tractors. I hope that
it will be modern enough to do the work of a
working tractor without having to buy one of the new
mega dollar tractors. Things like strip tilling and
zone building only on a smaller scale. I have heard
that the ones to stay away from in this series is
the maroon bellies. Although I don't know if they
made a 7080 with a maroon belly. So if anyone knows
of one of these for sale in good shape without a ton
of hours on it I'd be interested. Thanks in advance
guys.
Rob