[AT] No news these days - long

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 26 17:54:45 PDT 2004

--- Robinson <robinson at svs.net> wrote:

>          Everybody that enjoys old stuff should do
> one of those type shows
> at least once.  Doing demos for all of those kids
> and watching the
> fascination in their eyes is well worth all of the
> work of hauling several
> loads of equipment and stuff there and back (100
> mile round trip).
Farmer, you said a mouthful.  Our museum has a 'Farm
History Day' each spring for the local (within 50
miles or so) later elementary or early middle school
children.  Have had between 600 and 700 children and
chaparones.  Not real sure, but I think it's a toss-up
as to who has more fun!  Most of us being working
stiffs have to take a day off work, but as it is a
Friday, we make a work weekend out of it and have a
real blast.  Just about the only time we can really
PLAY with our toys.  Interacting with the children is
a real bunch of fun also.  99-44/100% are just the
neatest, curious, courteous little people.
Everyone should try this at least a bunch of times if
not more, well worth the rewards.

=====
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan

Being crazy just helps me keep my sanity!