[AT] No news these days - long

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Sep 25 09:57:30 PDT 2004

Cecil E Monson wrote:

>     This morning was a first for me. In all the years I've been
> using a computer for email, this was the first time that I can
> remember that all of my mail was spam. Not one email from the ATIS
> List and none from friends and family. I'd hate to think we have
> completely worn out the old tractor subject and than no one has
> anything at all to say.
Strange - it says your message was sent at 7:36 AM but I only just
received it at 1:50 PM. I guess we still have delays on the ATIS system.
I sent you several messages since then.

  >     As to the property, it will be easier to maintain and is in
> a much lower tax district than the one where we live now. It is only
> 12 acres but lays nice and is almost totally wooded with hard and soft
> maple, oak and beech trees. I have a logger coming the end of this
> coming week who is going to completely clear the home site and enough
> room for a three car garage and a 75 foot long combination shop and
> machine shed for the tractors I am keeping and my trucks. The clearing
> will only take two days with that big Cat skidder and the Harvester.
> I'm having him bunch and drag the trees out back, top them and then
> pile the logs for use as firewood as I get to them. There are no good
> saw logs that I want to sell anyhow from what I can see.
I know you are going for a modular house, but do you plan on being in by
the time the building season comes to a close? You only have a few
months. Or are all these plans for 2005?

>     The property came with a 275' deep drilled well and a driveway
> and not much else. There is Cable TV, telephone and electric on the
> pole line out front so all the utilities are there including RoadRunner
> so we won't suffer for anything.
>
>     This should be an interesting year.
In more ways than one!

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and the government
when it deserves it. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)