[Steam-engine] Safety valves...now firing

Noel, Dale dnoel at trane.com
Wed Sep 22 06:21:20 PDT 2004

I have not fired much with coal... only on the occasion of pulling a plow,
then it's back to wood.  Coal is good fuel, just !#*&^ dirty! I think most
of the grate problems I've seen is due to another of the "operator errors"
we talk about... failing to rake the ash pan out.  Even worse than leaving a
bed of hot coals above the grates is leaving them piled high underneath!
Dale Noel
1/3 65Case, 40Case, 20Minneapolis