[AT] OT - Remnants of Ivan

Vaughn Miller VMiller at messiah.edu
Mon Sep 20 08:07:16 PDT 2004

Hi Mike,

This is no where near Agnes.  They were expecting the river to crest at
around 25 feet in Harrisburg, I think flood stage is around 20 ft.  It was
expected to crest last night and should be on the way down now..

Vaughn Miller
Dillsburg PA

>>> mummert at flatwoodplantation.com 9/20/04 9:07:28 AM >>>
I just got an email from my mom that the State workers in Harrisburg have
the day off because the Susquehanna is rising, but she didn't go into
details.  Are they looking at flooding similar to Agnes in '72?

Down here in central AL, many are still cleaning up. I don't know if it's
because I am  down in a low area that we were protected, but we only lost
one tree (that was due to be cut down anyway) and never even lost power.
Yet every single person I talked to (that doesn't live right around me) at
church yesterday had lost power for at least a day - some still don't have
it and most everyone with large trees has some tree damage, if not several
down.  But, amazingly, no one I know around here has major damage.  Maybe
tree on a roof, but nothing that can't be fixed.

So, despite our inconveniences, we are still much, much better off than
those further south and on the coast, and it sounds like many northeast of
us who are losing all through flooding.  My heart and prayers go out to
those who do have major damage or lost everything.  As bad as that howling
wind is, and the mess it can make, I'd still rather have what we got over
flooding.

Mike Mummert
Wetumpka, AL.