[Steam-engine] Wachs Engine

CopperheadMarine at aol.com CopperheadMarine at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 10:21:00 PDT 2004

In a message dated 9/19/2004 10:13:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com writes:

http://community.webshots.com/album/188300547wpVzDE

Rick

  I have 8 stationary engines here. Two of them a J.F. Byers and they  are
similar verticals to the Wachs engine. I have 3 boilers here and have one
permanently installed in the engine house. If you want to see some PICS e mail  me
off the list and I will send some. Don't let any one scare you too bad about
the lap seam. If it is in good condition and has been hydroed to 1.5 times
your  operating pressure it should be fine. If you search the boiler well you
should  find some info. The flywheel should be easy to replace. I would replace
it  before I attempted a repair. Get me some dimensions on the boiler and
engine and  I will help you to try to determine HP. Bore, stroke. inlet diameter,
boiler  height, width, number and size of flues ect.

Chas F