[Steam-engine] Definition for an Antique Boiler

Mike Rohrer wmrohrer at myactv.net
Sun Sep 19 08:10:11 PDT 2004

I set on the State of Maryland's Board of Boiler Rules. We are getting ready
to take a look at the laws for the state for antique boilers. Our Chief
boiler inspector, ask me if I could see how and what other states definition
for antique boilers are. This comes about because of people having "NEW"
boilers make should they be treated as an antique. I would also like to know
if anyone on the list sits on any boards or committees for their state or
shows that I could talk to. We have a problem with engines coming in from
other states. My show in Smithsburg gets engines from Pennsylvania. After
this year Maryland will not accept their inspection. Virginia is another
state that Maryland will not accept. Please contact me off list if you want.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Rohrer

Smithsburg, Maryland USA

Collector of Antique Farm Literature

Homepage - http://members.myactv.net/~wmrohrer/

------------------------------

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts oh what a Christmas we'd have!

Willie Rohrer 1917-2000

____

30th Smithsburg Steam Engine & Craft Show

September 25 - 26, 2004

Smithsburg, MD

 Shows where we will have our Sawmill in 2004

Middletown Gas Engine & Tractor Show

June 26 & 27, 2004

Middletown, MD

Catoctin Antique Gas Engine Show