[Steam-engine] Wachs Engine

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Sun Sep 19 08:07:58 PDT 2004

Thanks for the quick reply, Jim.  We know nothing about steam other than the
respect it deserves.
  Yes it is stuck.  Evidence shows that it possibly got dropped or something
slammed into the big flywheel cracking a section and shoving the crankshaft
over to one extreme.  We find no more damage...so far.
  As for valving, you'll have to tell us when we get it home and start
tearing into it.  Will take and post more pictures.
  If it did have a gov., then it would have been mounted externally,
correct?

  This setup came from the Bitteroot Mountain range south of Missoula and
probably was used in the timber industry.

   There is no evidence of a tag anywhere.  I do see where E.H. Wachs Co.
does have a website so will be contacting them.

   And yes, we do plan on restoring it so any info such as paint codes and
such are again extremely appreciated!!

Again, thanks for the reply!!
RickinMt.