[Steam-engine] Aus: Melbourne Steam Ivitational Rally and Dinner

Paul Pavlinovich pjp at steamengine.com.au
Sat Sep 18 05:25:31 PDT 2004

Today, MSTEC had an invitational rally and dinner open to the local
clubs. The first part of the day the public were allowed in and it
operated as a normal rally. After the public had gone home it was
possible to get up close and personal with the steam engines and
stationary engines if you cared to ask. There were some special machines
on display and the fixed display sheds have come a long way since I was
last at the site. There was no entry fee although a donation was
requested in the form of a large barrel with a sign on it.

It was an excellent day, with an opportunity for unusual photos of night
running. The club put on a fantastic spit roast dinner including desert
for only $7.

Congratulations to the club for the magnificent day out. I'll put up a
picture album on my site shortly.

I met several members from the various lists I'm a member of, and while
I won't name names I was pleased to meet them all and put faces to
names. Particularly the newly wed 72 year old lady engineer and her 93
year old husband. I've met people less lively that these two in their 20's!

Paul

pjp at steamengine.com.au
Emerald, Victoria, Australia
www.steamengine.com.au