[AT] OT Majordomo vs Mailman etc

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri Sep 17 05:52:33 PDT 2004

Majordomo is no longer actively developed, never has been supported
well(other than being used alot and having a pretty large community of
users), and has security problems.   Having said that, I like it and since
I am a programmer, lack of support has never been an issue.  However, the
security issues finally made me switch.   MailMan is the only real
alternative these days - at least if you can't spend any money.  I tried a
few others but only tested Mailman with the ATIS users because the others
had deficiencies in performance, subscription handling, etc.  There are
several really good packages if you have a few hundred bucks laying around.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net