[Farmall] Cub Year made

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Thu Sep 16 20:44:29 PDT 2004

Karl,

It's a combination of things.  Most important is the tiny size of the
engine.  Next in importance is their ability to cruise around at very low
RPM.  Most difficult is to get the gear train to run without howling.  In my
experience, the bearings on the input shaft are the most difficult to
silence.

The straight cut gears are usually somewhat noisy, but some rare ones are
very quiet.  I have a couple that are very quiet... maybe the luck of the
draw.

George Willer