[AT] Scruffy 2n ford

Farmerbeal at aol.com Farmerbeal at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 06:42:49 PDT 2004

I install ampmeters all the time with alt coversions. Just a matter of
putting a 2" ampmeter in the dash and hooking it up the right polaity.

When they converted to the 12 v system with an alt. they had to reverse the
polarity so the old ampmeter will be backwards unless they reversed the wire
running trough the back..  At this point the old ampmeter proabaly is no good
but a new ampmeter dosen't cost that much so I just put in new ones.

As many as I have put in I never can remember which way they hook up so I
just hook a bat charger in the circuit and if it showes charge I have it right if
it showes discharge I change the wires.

Farmerbeal