[AT] Ford Diesel in AC machine

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Wed Sep 15 21:31:21 PDT 2004

Charles,
I think sometime let their  mouth get ahead of their brain and make dumb
statements I have done a lot of  compression test as per the book. You are
supposed to do one dry then another  wet (adding some oil to the cylinder) to see if
the rings are holding A higher  reading with oil would tell that they are not.
If its low and the oil doesn't  bring it up then its most likely in the
valves.
But always start with dry  cylinders so that you have a good starting point
to work from. OH! remove all  plugs or injectors and let the engine spin good 5
times to get the proper  reading. And check that against the manual not what
some clown thinks it should  be. A proper compression test is not just a hap
hazard thing and if done wrong  will lead to poor readings that will only give
bad information.  It doesn't  take a minute to lookup how to do it on the net
there are lots of websites that  will help you.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR  97361
503 623-0460